“Deadly Microbe Water Warning Lifted For Final Texas City”

“LAKE JACKSON, Texas — Environmental officials in Texas have lifted a warning for a final Houston-area community to stop using tap water because it might be tainted with a deadly brain-eating microbe, but with a warning that the water should be boiled before being consumed.

Earlier this month, 6-year-old Josh McIntyre died after contracting the microbe, naegleria fowleri.

The investigation into his death led to the detection of the brain-eating amoeba after heath officials conducted water sample tests, Lake Jackson City Manager Modesto Mundo said in a news release Saturday.”

The Associated Press had the story September 27, 2020.

SEE ALSO:

“Texas Residents Warned Of Tap Water Tainted With Brain-Eating Microbe” (AP)

“Purging Water System Of Brain-Eating Microbe To Take 60 Days” (Phys.org)